Learn How to Segregate Waste Using Plastic Dustbins at Your Home
Waste management has been one of the most pressing problems faced by many developing as well as developed countries. As the world’s population continues to rise and the standards of living and consumption also increase and improve, the quantity of waste generated daily is also growing fast. This has alarmed many environmentalists and authorities.
This also stresses the need for proper waste management tactics and ideas. Most countries these days ignore the issue of waste management, which leads to several waste processing problems. According to experts, waste management should be taken seriously and should start at the household level. And the part which generates the most waste in every household is the kitchen. Before we learn about the different methods of waste segregation management, let us look into what waste segregation really is.
Waste segregation refers to the process of distribution of waste into separate bins based on the nature of the waste. Waste is segregated into the following types-
- Organic- fruits, cooked vegetables, and other edible stuff
- Inorganic- e-waste, Plastic waste.
- Dry waste- paper, glass, food packages, cardboard, etc.
- Wet waste- tea bags, vegetable, and fruit peels, and other kinds of kitchen waste.
One of the best ways to segregate waste is to divide them into wet and dry waste. This step would divide the waste into different categories and also help in fast and easy disposal. Additionally, this decreases the level of waste pollution on earth and helps in processing the waste quickly. This, in turn, also helps reduce environmental pollution.
There are mainly two main types of dustbins that are useful for segregating waste. The first one is a green plastic dustbin, and the other is a blue plastic dustbin. The green-colored bins are for kitchen waste, food items, cotton, tea, cotton, etc. The blue bins are useful for plastic waste, including plastic tubs, jars, package boxes, bottles, toys, milk cartons, paint boxes, etc. you can contact your plastic dustbin manufacturer to know more about these.
Importance of waste separation and management-
Waste separation is an important part of waste management and helps reduce waste pollution by large margins. Not all types of waste can be processed, making it all the more important to segregate waste for faster processing. Let us look into the main benefits of waste separation-
- The separation of biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste is very important. This is because recycling plants require only biodegradable waste. If the waste collected is not separated into biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste, it can delay processing waste.
- Separating wastes into biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste also helps reduce manual labour before processing. For this, we must separate our kitchen wastes into blue and green bins beforehand.
- Segregating waste also helps reduce the need to depend on fossil fuels for energy generation.
- Legacy waste is the waste that stays unprocessed in most recycling plants. This is a significant problem that is faced by many developed countries. This issue can be solved by separating the waste into biodegradable and non-biodegradable categories at household levels itself.
- The most crucial benefit of separating waste is to reduce the problems of leachate pollution. There is no doubt that waste segregation helps manage waste more efficiently.
Waste must be segregated at the household or kitchen level for increased efficiency. Even industries should take care to dispose of waste carefully and should separate waste accordingly. Additionally, the best way to dispose of domestic waste is to have separate bins for dry and wet waste, organic and inorganic waste, and recyclable and non-recyclable waste. For this purpose, you can get household dustbins that are specifically designed for this purpose. They are mostly circular in shape and can easily fit inside kitchens. You can use these bins to dispose of all kinds of waste generated inside the household. You must ensure that the bins you use are made using LLDPE or HDPE plastic as it ensures higher durability.