How to check EPFO balance online
EPF or the Employees provident fund organization has enabled the facility wherein; account holders can check their epf balance online that can make the process easy. This facility has made it easy for the EPF account holders to stay updated with their savings portfolio. The online balance checking can be done in many ways, such as on the EPFO website, or through the Umang app.
By logging through the EPF facility:
To check the EPF balance on the EPFO website, you need to have an activated UAN number. Follow the below-mentioned steps to check EPF balance online:
– Visit the official website of EPFO.
– On the website, look out for option ‘Our services’ and choose the option, ‘For Employees’ on the drop-down menu.
– After clicking on ‘For employees’ choose the ‘Services’ menu and click on ‘Member passbook’.
– The page is further redirected to the login page. Here, log in with the UAN and password.
– As you log in, the member IDs of all linked accounts are displayed on the screen.
– Amongst the various linked accounts, click on the ID of the report for which you wish to check the balance.
– Choosing on the concerned account will bring in the EPF passbook on the screen, where you can check your current balance.
Through the UMANG app
In addition to the method mentioned above, users can also check their EPF balance through the UMANG app. Umang is a centralized mobile application regulated by and for the Government of India. The app can be used by all kinds of phone users, whether android or iOS. To get access to the passbook and the EPF balance through the Umang app, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
– Download the app from play store or the App Store for the android and Ios version, respectively.
– Open the app on the phone, and choose the option EPFO.
– After selecting this option, click on the opportunity, ‘Employee centric services’
– Proceed further by clicking on to ‘View passbook’ to check the EPFO balance
– AS you choose this option, enter the Unique identification number or the UAN and click on the opportunity ‘Get OTP’.
– Clicking on this will let you receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
– Enter the OTP received and click on OTP.
– After logging in, choose the member ID of the organization for which you wish to check the EPFO account balance.
– As you enter and select the details, a passbook is displayed on the screen.
– You can check your EPF balance on this passbook.
Thus, checking the EPF online balance is an easy way to keep a note of one’s savings and investments. However, to make the most out of this facility, it must be kept in mind that the facility can be availed only when one has an activated, registered UAN number. Also, the online facility to check balance can be accessed only after six hours of registration n the UAN member portal.