Choose the Right Base for Your Water Tank
Overhead water storage tanks often use a cement base or foundations to increase their efficiency. However, soon, people realized that these bases lack uniformity and are difficult to maintain. Thus, brands have come up with innovations that provide a modern, portable, sturdy, and economically efficient base for your tank.
Factors Determining Water Tank Base
There are various factors that you must consider when deciding the suitable base for your tank.
- Cost: You should consider the cost of water tank material when calculating your budget. Clay and sand are cheaper than any other tank base material. Concrete is relatively expensive.
- Water system: The installation area of the tank plays another vital role in deciding which base is the most suitable. For instance- gravity-fed systems need a natural slope and thus a carefully designed foundation.
- Material: The construction material you select for the base is the most crucial factor.
Read on for the most common types of tank bases, their merits, and their demerits. We will also walk you through deciding which tank bank is ideal for water storage tanks.
Types of Tank Bases
A less than ideal base can wreak damage on your overhead or rainwater tank over the years. Laborers have created tank bases with a variety of construction materials. Some popular ones are:
Sand and clay bases are cheap. However, these bases can run away very quickly with storms and heavy rain if not supported correctly. Another common issue is that it is difficult to clean under the tank with a fixed base.
Pea gravel offers a solid foundation at a reasonable price. Unlike sand bases, it holds its shape better. Nevertheless, pea gravel needs support so that it does not disintegrate with time.
Ever since time immemorial, RCC concrete bases have been popular. This is because they are solid and resilient. This is the most ancient base style for a water tank for home. Although it takes hours of manual labor to create a cement base, it lacks uniformity and ends up in cracks. Moreover, algal blooms develop very soon around cement bases, and it gets difficult to clean them.Often the base structure is uneven. A faulty foundation can be due to human errors or environmental conditions. Winds, storms, birds, and monkeys might cause damage to the base when it is left to dry.
The Latest T Base for Tanks- A Perfect Innovation
It is time to move away from conventional ideas when you have innovations that make your life much easier. The latest T- Base is a modern, economical, and easily installed tank base. These are ideal for water storage tanks. Here are the key benefits of using a T-Base:
- A T-Base provides stronger foundations.
- It reduces the risk of erosion and foundation slipping.
- It makes it easy to clean the space below the tank, raising the tank slightly above the surface.
- Unlike for concrete and gravel bases, you do not have to hire a professional builder to create the tank base for you. These are ready-made.
- T-base prevents algal growth near and around the water storage tank.
- In contrast to other tank bases, T-Base is portable. It is easy to install and move around. So, you can change locations as and when required.
- A T-base is highly durable yet lightweight. In addition, it comes with a heavy load-bearing capacity.
- Also, T-base comes in variable sizes. There are two standard sizes available in the market. The smaller size is suitable for tanks up to 550 liters, while the larger size is ideal for 1100 liter tanks.
- Lastly, a T- Base increases the tank’s life as it provides an even surface beneath it.
In a nutshell, it is very important to pick a suitable base with the right home water tank. Do away with the cumbersome concrete base options and increase the lifespan of your tank by providing it with the proper foundation.